Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thai-Thai-Thai

On 29th November 09, I went to Thai food festival. Yes, it is a journey to amazing Thai food. What I learnt from there, Thai food is not only about curry, it is about Pad Thai. I love Pad Thai.

If you do not know what Pad Thai is, it is a stir fry rice noodle with eggs, bean sprouts, peanut, coriander, and lime with your favourite meat.

I think the main ingredients of Thai food are Fish sauce and spices like coriander and mint. Thai food is not complete without fish sauce.

And I tried several dessert at the festival, including the (apparently) the famous drink from Thai, Coconut juice (Ma Praw On), Thai iced the (Cha Yen) and my favourite, some fruit jelly coconut drink.
The red colour ball is made from jelly on the outer side and crunchy some sort of fruit. I wonder how they make it?

And the other dessert I like is Thai ice cream; I tried both flavours, cream soda and Coca-Cola. Love both of them.

After a short 1 hour journey to Thailand in Sydney, I decided to cook 4 courses dinner. It consisted of 1 entrée, 2 mains, and 1 dessert.

Here is some of the pictures I taken


This is the overview of the festival. I came here in the early morning, just make sure it is not too crowded

As you can see... Thai Food Festival

The Yummy coconut drink with jelly

I tried their pad-thai. my gosh, really nice and fresh. And i bought the dried rice noodle and the sauce      (can't resist)


This is Thai Ice-Cream. not really ice cream.. it is just a Frozen Thai Ice... really nice


I want to learn carving watermelon. look so cool

No comments: